Connect with Services for Aboriginal Students
Located in Shq’apthut – A Gathering Place, Services for Aboriginal Students is a community-focused, student-centered team that provides support to Aboriginal students academically, socially and culturally throughout their educational journey here at Vancouver Island University. Please drop by our office and find out how we can help you reach your goals in your home-away-from-home here at Shq'apthut.
Services (First Nations, Metis and Inuit students):
- Culturally appropriate support services, activities and events
- Listen and support students with academic or personal concerns
- Explore career and/or post-secondary options
- Choose or change your program or courses
- Clarify and develop your educational goals
- Assisting new students with timetabling and registration
- Providing information about funding for Status and Metis Students, Aboriginal bursaries, scholarships, awards and student loans
- Assist out-of-town students find accommodations and day care
- Host celebration feasts, potlucks and community events
Elders are available for students to talk with Mondays through Fridays. They provide support and guidance to faculty, staff and most importantly, to students.
Services for Aboriginal Students Team
(250) 740-6510 Local 2599
(250) 740-6510 Local 2587
Faculty & Student Support Assistant
Tel: (250) 740-6510 / Fax: (250) 740-6385
Toll-free: 1-888-920-2221 local 6510
Phone, email or drop by to make an appointment.
Click here to learn more about and access the services for Aboriginal Students
The link will open in a new window or tab and take you out of this site.