1. Learn Deeply - When you engage deeply and learn deeply – learning sticks!
2. Don’t Multitask - Focus on one thing at a time when studying or learning.
3. Make Meaningful Connections - Create stories to help you remember.
4. Make Learning Personal
5. Determine Distinctiveness
6. Practice Appropriate Retrieval and Application
Enhance your Wellness
Practice focusing your attention in a nonjudgmental way through mindfulness. To improve your mind’s flexibility and adaptability, build your well-being and promote harmony in your relationships, try the Wheel of Awareness practice from Dr. Dan Siegel.
For more wellness resources, see https://services.viu.ca/counselling/health-wellness-resources.
Value for Me?
When you have brain-researched focused learning and studying tips – your marks will be better and you’ll learn faster.