- Focus on your overall argument or response to the essay topic
- Think about the main points you wish to make that will develop this argument.
- Check that you have an appropriate number of main points for the assignment length
- Organize supporting detail
- Organize your references
- Reflect and Revise
- For more information, check out York University's module on Essay Structure
• Includes examples, templates, videos and more
Enhance your Wellness
When organizing your work, plan break time to reward yourself, refresh your mind, and move your body. Campus Rec promotes an active, healthy lifestyle and opportunity for a balanced post-secondary experience. Four distinct areas (gymnasium and weight room, outdoor recreation, intramurals and fitness) provide something for everyone. Explore opportunities here: https://www2.viu.ca/campusrec/.
For more wellness resources, see https://services.viu.ca/counselling/health-wellness-resources.
Value for Me?
Identify key differences between writing in university and writing in high school. Learn what instructors expect from student writing.