1) Meet your Professor - Professors DO want to talk with you. Go to office hours and meet your professors!
2) Show your Interest - Professors want you to be as interested in their subject as they are.
3) Visit Early - Building a rapport with your professors will pay off if you need an extension or extra help.
4) Go the Extra Mile
5) Build Relationships - Believe it or not, your professors are really interesting people.
Enhance your Wellness
Asking for help can sometimes feel vulnerable. However, recognizing when you need support and connecting with those who can help is wise and courageous. Your instructors, professors and TA’s are resources to help you learn and grow.
Watch Brene Brown’s video on vulnerability and connection.
If you cannot see the video to the right, please use this link to open it in a new window or tab: https://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability?language=en.
For more wellness resources, see https://services.viu.ca/counselling/health-wellness-resources.
Value for Me?
Why should you go to your professor's office hours? Why does your professor want you to be there? Find answers to these and more on this page.
- Have a professional-sounding e-mail address.
Sending an e-mail from “badboy67″ or “lovebug14″ does not give a great first impression.