Most students will need to pay a non-refundable, non-transferable tuition deposit (usually $200). Please refer to your "Offer of Admission" letter for information on when your deposit is due. This information should also be under the "Fees" section of your Online Student Record. Payment of the deposit confirms your acceptance of the offer of admission. If you do not pay the deposit by the deadline, your offer of admission may be cancelled.
If you have any questions about your tuition deposit, please contact the Registration Centre.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nanaimo (250) 740–6400 or toll–free 1–888–920–2221
- Cowichan (250) 746-3500
- Powell River (604) 485-2878
How to Pay Your Tuition Deposit
You can pay your tuition deposit in four different ways:
- Internet Banking
- Through your bank; your account # is your 9-digit VIU student number.
- Can be made by cash, cheque, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Interac (debit card)
- Through your Online Student Record using Visa, Mastercard or American Express
- Send a cheque or money order, or pay by credit card.
- Allow 10 days for mailed payments to reach the University. It is always important to include your name and student number on any correspondence.
Details on how to pay your tuition deposit are available here.
The link will open in a new window or tab and take you out of this course.
Important Information About Credit Cards!
Although you can use a credit card to pay your tuition deposit, you cannot use one to pay your tuition.
Plan ahead so you are able to pay your fees on time!
To check which fees can be paid by credit card, login to your Online Student Record and use the navigation on the left side to choose My Fees. A table will display on the right hand side of the screen summarizing your fees, and on the far right column information on whether or not a credit card will be accepted for those fees.